919 Haber Road
919 Haber Road
Dispatch (7:30 AM to 4:00 PM M-F): 515-294-1882
After Hrs (Time Sensitive/Urgent Issues Only): 515-509-1686
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
Kiosk is open 24 hours a day
Transportation Services Directory
Administration/Motor Vehicle Operator
Motor Vehicle Operator
Transportation Services Mission
Transportation Services' Mission is to provide safe, economical, appropriate transportation to Iowa State University faculty and staff to perform their official duties. To fulfill this mission, Transportation Services has established the following goals:
- Acquire the type and number of vehicles necessary and appropriate to meet the needs of the faculty and staff to perform their duties.
- Rent the vehicles to qualified departments on either short or long term arrangements, whichever is most appropriate and economical, for their requirements.
- Manage the fleet in a manner that ensures the lowest possible operational cost while maintaining consistently high mechanical reliability.
- Organize a staff and maintain a facility which provides superior service, repair, reservation and dispatch, and administrative support to the University customer
- Ensure that the service continues as a financially secure and self-supporting operation as it strives to achieve non-profit or break-even status.
- Maintain, repair, and dispose of the vehicles in a manner that brings the highest possible return on money spent.
- Establish policies and procedures that reflect the best way to operate the fleet with the customer in mind.
- Think independently and competitively to obtain the best ratio of dollars spent to miles driven.