- Accident Reporting
- Affiliate Employees
- Applied Sciences Building Shuttle Schedule
- COVID-19 Travel Updates
- Distances/Road Conditions
- Driver Training Requirements
- General Policies & Procedures
- First Time Drivers/New to Agile
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Making Reservations
- Mission Statement
- Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Checks
- Rate Calculator
- Student Organization Travel
- Van and Trailer Training
- Vehicle Rates
- Vehicle Styles
Motor Vehicle Record Checks
The following drivers must submit a request for a motor vehicle record (MVR) check and receive approval prior to driving for university travel:
- Undergraduate and graduate students
- Anyone driving on behalf of student organizations
- Non-employee volunteers while acting in their volunteer role on behalf of the university
- Seasonal/XH employees
- CDL Operators
- Members of eligible affiliate organizations
NOTE: MVR checks are now conducted by HireRight. After you submit your request, you will receive confirmation of your submission, followed by a separate email from CustomerSupport@hireright.com with the subject, “Iowa State University Office of Risk Management Motor Vehicle Verification Request for <YOUR NAME>.” Please read the email and follow the instructions to provide the required information. Your MVR check cannot be completed until you provide the information.
Requests will be processed as quickly as possible; however, we cannot guarantee a specific completion timeline. Some states have additional requirements that may extend processing by days or weeks. Drivers are encouraged to submit an MVR check annually, in advance of expected travel dates.
Please see the Iowa State University Fleet Safety and Vehicle Use/Rental for additional information about driving for ISU.
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Risk Management at email@example.com or 515-294-7711.